Listening to the words of others is a great source of motivation. It is always interesting and enlightening to hear the words of people who have been successful when they share their wisdom, the lessons they have learned from their experiences.
Here are quotes from five such people, as they offer advice on how to make the most of life and achieve your goals.
1. “I think you’ve really got to wait and see how things play out. Sometimes a decision you might consider a regret or failure in the present can turn out to be the catalyst for something extraordinary in the end. Some of life’s wildest journeys begin with a wrong turn.”
– Beau Taplin
This quote speaks to the idea of taking action, of just doing something and being open to new opportunities, which may show up in unlikely places.
2. “Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone even if it means being uncomfortable. The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps, and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested. Have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect, nothing is and no one is — and that’s OK.”
– Katie Couric
Getting out of your comfort zone is never easy, but if you want to make progress, it is essential.
3. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.”
– Jim Rohn
4. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.”
– John Wooden
In other words, don’t let life obstacles overwhelm you. If you are confronted with something overwhelming, take it one step at a time. Start small if you have to. Begin where you are and move ahead.
5. “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”
– Steve Jobs
Jobs has said that he was often motivated by death, by knowing that he did not have a lot of time left, and this helped him to focus on the things that are truly important.
Work with a Top Staffing Agency in the Inland Empire
If you are looking for motivation in finding a new job, Arrow Staffing can help you. Arrow is a leading staffing agency in the Inland Empire, with the knowledge and resources to help find the right job for you. Give Arrow a call today.